Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sex?

Sex? 3 years 6 months ago #2556

• Daisy
i know that you might be bored with my posts but...
it is very important stage in my life...
i'm afraid much for everything to be alright after the operation...
so that's why i have a lot of question to you all the time.
i know that you can help me because you were in the same boat as me and know everything that worries a lot.
so the first my question is about sexual life! i heard a lot but don't know whom to believe!
so Will be having hysterectomy affect my sexual life?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sex? 3 years 6 months ago #2557

• Kameliya
  • Elite Member
As far as i know and removing your womb (uterus) should not stop you having a good sex life after the operation. In fact, many women report an improvement in their sexual pleasure after having a hysterectomy.
As for me i don't see any changes. will not say about others.

Sex? 3 years 6 months ago #2558

• Agatha
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The improving of sexual life may be because the reason for having a hysterectomy (pain, prolonged heavy bleeding, etc) is removed. However, some women feel that a hysterectomy impairs their sex life. In particular, some women feel that their orgasm is different after a hysterectomy.
i also noticed slight difference...i feel the orgasm but it is a bit different..

Sex? 3 years 6 months ago #2559

• Mary
  • Premium Member
Some women after hysterectomy even have difficulty in reaching orgasm. Having a hysterectomy should not affect your sex drive (libido) unless your ovaries are also removed. Having HRT will improve this though.
You can usually begin to have sex again about six weeks after the operation. You obviously will no longer need to use any form of contraception after a hysterectomy.

Sex? 3 years 6 months ago #2600

• Eva
At first time it will be important to avoid sexual relations. And with time you will be able to return to your normal sexual relations. Of course, there will be some changes. After hysterectomy you will be not able to feel vaginal orgasm. But there are a lot of women which don't feel it at all. But you will be able to feel clitoral orgasm... so it can be like some kind of substitution.

Sex? 3 years 6 months ago #2604

• Daisy
i was told by the docotr that i neede to refuse from sexual intercourse for about a month if everything will be alright..
i was worring about feeling the orgasm....because i think that if i will not be able to feel it the sex will not interest me any more..and it can lead to some problems with hubby..
Time to create page: 0.613 seconds