Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hysterectomy in November

Hysterectomy in November 4 years 5 days ago #41

• Kameliya
  • Elite Member
Hi everyone,

I was recently told that I need a hysterectomy and I am terrified! I was trying to avoid it but with 13 fibroids in the uterus and the heavy bleeding making me critically anemic it is for the best I guess....

So here I am hoping that being able to talk to others will help ease my fears....

I am having surgery the end of November and it has to be the abdominal hysterectomy.

Don't have anyone to talk about this!

So will be greatful for any support and advice!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hysterectomy in November 2 years 5 months ago #6861

• Beth
  • Elite Member
do not worry about anything, i think that you have to think positively and do not think about anything bad. i understand that it is very difficult but you have to do it. ad because you learn that it's not bad. the first time, I was afraid too. you could probably have a Dr. prescribe you something for anxiety to take before the surgery. I went into the surgery room the next morning exhausted. they also gave me an anesthetic and I still woke up after. everything should be fine, your surgeon and anesthesiologist have done plenty of procedures before you. i am sure that you will feel well and you wont have any problems.

Hysterectomy in November 2 years 3 months ago #7213

• ana
  • Elite Member
i think that you are prepared to it and you do not have to think about it as something really bad. you do not have to worry about it , do not concentrate on the operation and you will have the light feeling. i think that it is natural that you have stress and to my mind you just can not avoid it, because it is really very difficult to accept it and you are really very tired. but i think that there are a lot of ways to get rid of this stress and to my mind you just have to want to get rid of it and everything would be alright. the first think i can advise you is to spend a lot of time with your friends i think that you would forget about all your problems and just enjoy everything. i am sure that you will be alright.

Hysterectomy in November 2 years 2 months ago #7516

• Mila
  • Elite Member
do not worry about anything, talking and advising wth the girls who have already gone through it will definitely ease your fears. when i was preparing to it i had great fear and i was so nervous but when i started to attend a support group with women who have gone through it, i understood that it is not as scary as i thought and i just do not have any reasons to worry. i have chosen a good doctor and i am really sure in him and in his skills. he has performed a lot of such surgeries and his rat is really very successful. now i regret that i have not done it earlier because the life without pain is great. ;) ;)

Hysterectomy in November 2 years 2 months ago #7801

• Nina
  • Elite Member
Most often the uterus hysterectomy is done to address these problems with the uterus, as pain and heavy bleeding caused by endometriosis or fibroids. Surgery may also be required if there is cancer in the uterus, cervix or ovaries. Some women have to do the surgery during childbirth to save their life if there is severe bleeding, which can not be stopped.
Before you choose hysterectomy, consider all the possible treatment options. In many cases, this surgery is a last resort after trying other treatments for gynecological problems.

Hysterectomy in November 2 years 1 month ago #8205

• Ally
  • Elite Member
I know that one of the adverse side effects is the onset of menopause hysterectomy. For those who have a spayed, menopause begins after the surgery, but those who are saved, are often faced with menopause earlier than usual.
After surgery, hormone therapy may be needed. There are risks associated with hormone therapy, but these risks must be balanced against the risk of the patient for the treatment of osteoporosis and other conditions.
Women who have kept the cervix after surgery, you should do a Pap test as directed by your surgeon, as the risk of cervical disease remains.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds