Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Horrible odor

Horrible odor 4 years 5 days ago #58

• Agatha
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
i have done vaginal hysterectomy not less than a month ago...
till today have terrible pain and recently there appeared a horrible odor...
how do you think what can be the reason for that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Horrible odor 4 years 2 days ago #72

• Kameliya
  • Elite Member
the reasons can be different!!more over it can be everything!
beginning from the slight infection and ending with the putrefaction!
i think it's better to go to the docotr immediately not to harm the organism even more. it didn't manage to recover from the operation!

Horrible odor 4 years 1 day ago #76

• Agatha
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
i know that i should understand the whole seriousness of the situation..
have the appointment today in the afternoon...phoned my doctor already and he said that my tests are ready and he waits me in the afternoon...
hope that it is slight infection...not more...

Horrible odor 4 years 1 day ago #81

many women, not only you, experience odor after hysterectomy. In your case, the top of the vagina was cut around the circumference of the cervix and then sutured after the uterus was removed. It made the vagina into a closed pocket, which prevents normal developmant of vaginal fluids and discharge through the vagina. All this changes the natural flora and ph of the vaginal tissue. After surgery your skin underwent some changes, which affected its bacterian and their response to sweating that can lead to unpleasant smell.
Pay attention to the medicines, that you are taking after the surgery, bcz they also can affect body odor...

Horrible odor 3 years 11 months ago #105

• Rey Rey
Did you visit a doctor already? What did he say you? What is the reason of odor?
Some doctors have suggested the issue is related to a change in hormones and some patients have noticed that as their hormones level out the odor does diminish. So, maybe it is the point. There are different methods to struggle with it, mostly some deodorant products...

Horrible odor 3 years 11 months ago #116

• Lily
Some odor is normal after hysterectomy, but if is is very strong and accompanied with the discharge it may tell abt vaginal infection and it must be quickly treated by the doctor.
I also had some unpleasant smell after my hysterectomy, but after 4 weeks it disappeared and I didn't have it further.
I also was afraid that it could be some kind of an infection, but my doctor calmed me telling that it is normal to experience this odor after hysterectomy
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Lily.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds