Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: more pluses or minuses?

more pluses or minuses? 3 years 6 months ago #158

• Rey Rey
Hello, dear ladies! I was just thinking yesterday about hysterectomy...I know that it is not the best way to spend the evening but still... :cheer: I was thinking that probably this method of treatment was created with the aim to help those who suffer different diseases and it should make women's life easier. But together with it there are a lot of problems and complications after hysterectomy...infections...so,have do you think are there more pluses or minuses of the hysterectomy?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

more pluses or minuses? 3 years 6 months ago #160

• Jaklin
I want to tell about the pros...like to be positive :) :) :) :) So, hysterectomy eases abnormal bleeding. Probably bleeding is the main reason why many women have hysterectomies. Abnormal bleeding can be painful, draining and uncomfortable. Also hysterctomy prevents the possibility of future uterine cancer. Many women who have had cancerous growths, or who have a family history of them, choose to have hysterectomies in order to prevent future problems. A hysterectomy can literally be a lifesaver for some of these women. So as for me there are at least two fat pros)))

more pluses or minuses? 3 years 6 months ago #161

• Sunny
I wanna join Jaklin and to talk about positive sides :) What I found is that hysterectomy is used to treat uterine prolapse, which is a condition in which the uterus descends into or beyond the vagina and also it solves the problem of uterine fibroids or growths. These can cause great discomfort, as when a woman suffers from endometriosis, and a hysterectomy can bring great relief. However, nowdays there are many alternative treatments, such as hormonal treatments and balloon uterine therapy that can be used to treat these conditions.

more pluses or minuses? 3 years 6 months ago #162

• Isabella
As for negative facts... I have read i the Internet that hysterectomy is a major surgical procedure that involves significant recovery time, discomfort, and, like all surgery, a small risk of death. Studies have shown that the removal of the ovaries can bring about health problems of their own. The ovaries carry on producing hormones, such as oestrogen, ovarian testosterone and androstenedione years after the menopause. Preserving the ovaries appears to reduce women's risk for heart disease and hip fracture.

more pluses or minuses? 3 years 6 months ago #163

The emotional impact of having a uterus removed is often rather big. If hormone therapy or other treatment can be used to prevent radical surgery, it would prevent emotional problems that some women experience after having a hysterectomy. A lot of women after hysterectomy fall into depression conditions and i is hard for the to accept the fact that the should live without a piece of them. A Lot of women feel that the stopped to be a women. So, a consider it as a negative factor.

more pluses or minuses? 3 years 6 months ago #165

• wishbone
I agree that many do hysterectomy to prevent different diseases, such as cancer or other life-threatening illnesses.
Also, for many it is a salvation to get rid of uncomfortable bleeding.Some opt for hysterectomy to avoid painful menstruations. They feel relieved when this issue goes away from their life.
In spite of all this, all of us would face with menopause earlier but still, I am sure that not feeling physical pain makes us feel better. Bcz living with the constant discomfort is really very hard, so thanks to hysterectomy many receive comfort and lack of pain.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by wishbone.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds