Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: keep the ovaries?

keep the ovaries? 3 years 10 months ago #2092

• Kameliya
  • Elite Member
I will have the hysterectomy today but i still don't know if my doctor will leave my ovaries...
I read a lot of information on this theme..
Some gynaecologists recommend ovary removal during a hysterectomy to prevent the possibility of developing ovarian cancer.It is recommended that women who are at higher risk of ovarian cancer such as those with a family history should discuss the risks and benefits of keeping their ovaries with their gynaecologist. My aaunt and 2 grandfather died from cancer! Does it mean that i'm at higher risk and my doctor should remove the ovaries too?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

keep the ovaries? 3 years 10 months ago #2205

• Hannah
if there is such a risk in your family it is better to do everything to avoid it. You know that the best treatment is disease prevention. It is not easy decision because it is a piece of you, piece of your reproductive system. But you should not risk your health and your life. Take a wise decision.

keep the ovaries? 3 years 10 months ago #2206

• Beatriz
what decision did you take? Think you should do everything to prevent cancer (if to take to consideration your family history). and what recommendations your doctor gave you. But still it is decision which can take only you because it is your life and your health.

keep the ovaries? 3 years 3 months ago #3788

• Nesy
Very often, women who, for whatever reason, removes the uterus, offer the opportunity to remove and ovaries. It is known that this procedure reduces the chances of developing ovarian cancer, which is difficult to diagnose in the early stages. The removal of the ovaries, in which estrogen contributes to the onset of menopause. The consequences of early menopause is not yet fully understood, and scientists are unable to say with certainty how it affects women's health in the long term. B) B) B)

keep the ovaries? 2 years 9 months ago #6396

• Plumelet
You have not clear family history and I think it is worth to pay attention to that. I am sorry you are in such situation but as for me it is better to remove everything during this operation. But from the other side there are chances that cancer will not spread to the ovaries and everything will be all right. And what chances you doctor gave you that everything will be all right in case you'll keep ovaries?

keep the ovaries? 2 years 8 months ago #6457

• Patricia
I don’t think that if you relatives had cancer you will also have it. A lot of people nowadays have cancer. I think that you should talk to you doctor and he should recommend you to do the complete hysterectomy or not. It is much time passed and I think you have already decided what to do and my comment is too late but in any case I said what I thought.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds