Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Strength Exercises after a Hysterectomy

Strength Exercises after a Hysterectomy 2 years 10 months ago #5894

• Claudine
  • Premium Member
Moderate exercise can help speed your recovery process after hysterectomy, including strengthening the muscles in your back and stomach, alleviating pain and discomfort and improving weight management. However, MedlinePlus recommends that you not jog, lift weights over 10 pounds, perform situps or engage in any activity that causes you to strain or breathe deeply. You should avoid heavy housework or strenuous exercise until you've fully recovered, or your doctor gives approval. As soon as you feel able, you may exercise by taking short walks and making slow and gradual increases in your level of activity. Perform Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles by tightening your vaginal muscles as if you're trying to stop the flow of urine. Hold the contraction for 5 seconds, relax and repeat the exercise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Strength Exercises after a Hysterectomy 2 years 10 months ago #5976

• Alexis
3 months is not a very huge gap in the exercises. I am in the sport too, and I like the extreme and fast types of the sport. I waited. I have begun from the small complex of exercises and so I didn`t lost my form. Your health is much more important than sport. Believe me. There are a lot of girls who even live without it. Have some slight forms of exercises and your organism and your body gonna be satisfied. I know, I tried. I just do not understand why people always want to go to the gym after operations. I have an example, however it is a bit different from our situations. He is a man and he had some operation in his man stuff. I am not sure why, but he decided that he just needs to continue his power exercises after two weeks. Now he is lying in the hospital and is waiting for his second operation. Crazy!

Strength Exercises after a Hysterectomy 2 years 5 months ago #6675

• Rubie
  • Premium Member
You can practice a variety of abdominal exercises. The most beneficial exercises for flat stomach muscles are the ones that involve lying flat on the floor and working up towards bended knees.
Straight abdominal exercises are performed with your back on the floor and your knees bent.
Tighten your stomach muscles and hold them in. With your arms in a comfortable position, raise your head, neck and shoulders so you can look at your knees. Hold this position and then lower yourself slowly till you are back on the floor. Repeat 5 to 10 times twice a day.

Strength Exercises after a Hysterectomy 2 years 5 months ago #6931

• Beth
  • Elite Member
i think that every women wants to recover fast and if you want to recover as quickly as possible but you have to consult with your doctor to know whether you can do them or not. i think that it is very important. you know as i have said it for many times you do not know for sure what problems you would have after the operation and whether you will recover quickly or not. after my 1st surgery, I was no longer afraid of the bazillion other surgeries I have had because you learn that it's not bad. the first time, I was afraid too. you could probably have a Dr. prescribe you something for anxiety to take before the surgery.it took me more than half a year as far as i remember.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Beth.

Strength Exercises after a Hysterectomy 2 years 3 months ago #7389

• ana
  • Elite Member
for me it was very important to feel good and to be into shape. there are many different kinds of sport and you have to think carefully in order to choose the best one. i think that it depends on your taste, because there are some active sports or maybe not very active, you may play in a team or be alone, there are also winter and only summer kinds of sports. ut you have to know whether you can go in for sports due to your health. but i think that it is very good decision and you definitely have to do it. in such a way you may forget of your problems, be fit and healthy. i suggest you trying swimming, you will definitely like it.

Strength Exercises after a Hysterectomy 2 years 2 months ago #7960

• Nina
  • Elite Member
it is necessary to exert the same effort as if you were going for a moment to suspend the act of urination.
The tension of the muscles of the pelvis and pelvic floor.
For this you need to squeeze the pelvic muscles and try to pull them inward and upward. On the first lesson is to do it slowly and later more smoothly and quickly.
The gradual contraction of the vaginal muscles from the bottom up and the subsequent fixation of such a provision.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds