Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: mood boosters

mood boosters 3 years 9 months ago #2587

• Miranda
i think that mood is important in recovery period and in life in general. But not always there is enough strength to cope with problems, to stay positive, to be in good mood. I don't know how it is for you but for me it is not always easy. So, I decided to start topic about mood boosters. Do you use something like this? how do you cheer up yourself?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

mood boosters 3 years 9 months ago #2588

• Eva
Cut caffeine (coffee, sodas, energy drinks). The adrenaline from caffeine will effect your moods. If you're stressed or feeling low, this can have drastic effects. Cut processed and packaged foods. They are inflammatory in the body, which will inevitably have a negative effect on your moods, not to mention some devastating long-term health effects.

mood boosters 3 years 9 months ago #2589

• Isabella
Cut artificial sweeteners. Evidence shows that aspartame is linked to mood disorders. Add a portion of good fats, protein and complex carbohydrates to your plate. These macronutrients help to keep our blood sugar levels stable. When our blood sugar levels drop, so does our mood! Good fats and complex carbs also help to make hormones and neurotransmitters in the body that help make you feel good- serotonin!

mood boosters 3 years 9 months ago #2590

• Irma
Reduce alcohol intake. Alcohol is associated with mood disorders. Oh yes it is! Cleanse. When our gut and liver are clogged from excess drinking, sugar, and an overall toxic load, our body struggles to make the feel-good hormones such as serotonin. Serotonin is actually made in the gut. So reduce your toxic load and give your body a break from the nasty chemicals with a seasonal cleanse. Drink more water! Dehydration can cause fatigue and agitation.

mood boosters 3 years 9 months ago #2591

• Esther
Exercise is a natural mood lifter! Move your body in your favorite ways! Schedule some downtime. When we're stressed and overwhelmed, our moods tend to be low. Dedicate a few minutes a day to you and REST. This will really lift you up! Sleep 8 hours. Sleep = repair. When we feel rested, we're happier people. Acupuncture has been used to treat mood disorder. This may help!

mood boosters 3 years 9 months ago #2592

• Mary
  • Premium Member
Turn "to-do" into "it's done!"
Turns out that just having a to-do list can seem overwhelming and make you feel tired instead of inspired to finish the tasks. So, create an "it's done" list to give yourself a sense of achievement, suggests Tamar Chansky, PhD, author of Freeing Yourself from Anxiety. Take a minute to write down 10 quick things you've accomplished today or this week.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds