Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: other techniques

other techniques 3 years 7 months ago #2641

• Kassie
I was searching for the other techniques in the hysterectomy section, so I've got to know about:
Supracervical laparoscopic hysterectomy (LSH) is performed similar to the total laparoscopic surgery but the uterus is amputated between the cervix and fundus.
what other techniques do you know?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

other techniques 3 years 7 months ago #2642

• Eva
Dual-port laparoscopy is a form of laparoscopic surgery using two 5 mm midline incisions: the uterus is detached through the two ports and removed through the vagina. also not so common technique.

other techniques 3 years 7 months ago #2643

• Karen
one more as for me is - "Robotic hysterectomy" is a variant of laparoscopic surgery using special remotely controlled instruments that allow the surgeon finer control as well as three-dimensional magnified vision.

other techniques 3 years 3 months ago #3767

• Nesy
Abdominal. This type of hysterectomy when the uterus is enlarged, or there is a lot of large fibroids, adhesions and endometriosis. Sometimes in the presence of uterine and ovarian cancer can assign the abdominal removal of the uterus (i.e., an incision is made approximately 11-15 cm along the bikini line or vertically). Thus, removes the uterus and its neck, severing them from the vagina is then stitched up. Recovery from this surgery takes a very long time, but with less risk of damage to the urinary system. :( :( :(

other techniques 3 years 2 months ago #4382

• Jane
  • Elite Member
Laparoscopic hysterectomy ˗ is the least invasive type of hysterectomy procedure. During it several small cuts are made in the abdomen. Hysterectomies can be total or partial. Total means that the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and cervix are removed. In partial the ovaries, cervix or both are left untouched. The procedure is done under general anesthesia; a doctor makes 3 little cuts in the abdomen: the first one near the belly button, the second on the right side and the third on the left side of the lower abdomen. A surgeon places a needle inside the abdominal cavity and inflates it with CO2 gas which allows seeing the interior part. Camera and laparoscopic instruments are put inside through a belly button and 2 other cuts. A surgeon uses long surgical tools to remove the uterus. The period of recovery ranges from 3 to 4 weeks. Sometimes the additional cuts are made for other instruments, such as endoscope. It is a narrow tube with a little camera at the far edge which allows doctor to see images of pelvic organs on the screen. It is recommended not to carry heavy things during 6 weeks after the operation.

other techniques 2 years 5 months ago #6964

• Beth
  • Elite Member
i know that there are really a lot of advantages of it although there are several disadvantages. open traditional surgery requires making a large incision, which leaves a large ugly looking scar. laparoscopic surgery has changed that because surgeons now operate using small incisions. even advanced surgery can be performed by this technique nowadays. laparoscopic surgery is now accepted all over world as an important skill and it is no more luxury it is considered as necessity. whipple operation, distal pancreatectomy and liver resection that were not possible previously by standard laparoscopic techniques.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds