Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Do I have to take hormone replacement therapy?

Do I have to take hormone replacement therapy? 2 years 3 months ago #7399

• ana
  • Elite Member
yes i know that it is really needed and i did it as well. a lot of women are undergoing special estrogen procedures in order to keep the balance. ovaries -- the main producers of the hormone estrogen -- are surgically removed. hormone therapy after surgery -- either with estrogen and progestin or with estrogen alone -- is a way to counteract the supply of estrogen you've lost. women who have both the uterus and ovaries removed usually just get estrogen replacement therapy alone. but women who have only the ovaries removed need both estrogen and progestin. hope that i have helped you with your question. i know about it much because i and the surgical menopause.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Do I have to take hormone replacement therapy? 2 years 2 months ago #7594

• Mila
  • Elite Member
if it is a severe case then you definitely have to take hormonal replacement therapy. the easiest way to do it is to drink a lot of tea. several herbal teas or tisanes may increase your estrogen levels or provide relief for symptoms of menopause or premenstrual syndrome without affecting your estrogen levels. steep the herbs in a cup of hot water for five minutes.black and green tea. black and green teas contain phytoestrogen. dong quai used in Chinese traditional medicine, this herb may reduce symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. i do not think about taking hormonal replacement therapy because now i am drinking teas and they seem to help.

Do I have to take hormone replacement therapy? 2 years 2 months ago #7956

• Nina
  • Elite Member
your body will still put out some estrogen but not enough. If your 46, you've probably already started going thru menapause so you know about hot flashes and night sweats. They may become worse after the operation. But, actually,, no you don't have to have hormone therapy if you don't want it. There are natural ways to get the hormones you need. I have had a heart condition since I was 37 and was advised not to take hormones by my obgyn, as they can cause heart attacks in women who have heart trouble. So I've never taken hormones. I do use natural hormones tho. I take flaxseed oil capsules and eat flaxseed on my cereal,, soy is great for hot flashes,, you can get this in many different forms.

Do I have to take hormone replacement therapy? 2 years 1 month ago #8330

• Ally
  • Elite Member
I think that you should not panic after the removal of the uterus and ovaries. In this case you may need special therapy replacing estrogen hormone. We need to create the body's hormones, which will be similar to the natural hormone replacement therapy . Treatment of this type involves the use of combined drugs. They can contain multiple hormones. Most often the drugs are administered in tablets that contain different dosages. Have 2 or 3 phases. Women, whose age has not reached 50 years of age, prescribe several types of hormones. It can be estrogens, progestins, and even testosterone. Though the last and usually attributed to the male sex, but in the female body it also performs a specific function. Testosterone is responsible for female libido.

Do I have to take hormone replacement therapy? 2 years 2 weeks ago #8770

• Dora
  • Elite Member
In the case of the operation laparotomy access, the surgeon carries out lower-middle or cross-section of the abdominal wall of 10-20 cm. The uterus is fixed and removed from the abdominal cavity through the wound. It interferes ligaments holding the uterus, blood vessels of the uterus and appendages, if you plan to remove them.
In the case of subtotal hysterectomy (supravaginal hysterectomy), body of the uterus is cut off by the surgeon from the cervix, with the subsequent formation of the stump. During the hysterectomy, the last to be cut off from the formations, with the formation of the vaginal stump. Disadvantages include high hysterectomy laparotomic trauma surgery, thereby increasing the recovery period and length of stay.

Do I have to take hormone replacement therapy? 1 year 11 months ago #8992

• Elison
  • Elite Member
you know it is really a bit strange that you ask us on this website about such thing. you have to understand that it is really a very serious thing and you shall not play with it. you shall be ready that it may be good for you and it may be very bad for you. i think that you shall follow all the tips your doctor gave you and stick to all the recommendations. i think that the are definitely worth and good. i think that you understand what i am talking about . it is really very very serious thing and you shall think a lot about it. i hope that you would be able to do it and everything would be alright. that is hat i think about it, i think that i am not able to help you with this thing but hope that you would make the right decision. it is important.
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds