Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Estrogen after hysterectomy

Estrogen after hysterectomy 2 years 9 months ago #5734

• zag
Good news for women after hysterectomy who are going to take the hormone estrogen to ease hot flashes and other problems associated with menopause. New results of long government study of the impact of hormones on women's health show that estrogen, apparently, by 20% reduces the risk of developing breast cancer in women, and significantly reduces the risk of death from this disease. This beneficial effect lasts for many years after the end of therapy. "Hormone therapy definitely improves the quality of life for some women," says Margery Gass. She is the Executive Director of the North American society for the study of menopause (
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Estrogen after hysterectomy 2 years 8 months ago #5854

• Claudine
  • Premium Member
The effects on breast cancer are so different between estrogen and progestin and estrogen alone that we felt it was time to say that women taking estrogen alone may not need to stop at three to five years. Because over that amount of time, no breast cancer showed up in women taking estrogen alone. Estrogen and progestin are typically prescribed together when a woman still has her uterus to reduce the risk of uterine cancer while promoting the benefits of estrogen therapy. Yet estrogen alone is used in women who’ve had a hysterectomy, or removal of the uterus. Statistics show about one-third of women in the U.S. have had a hysterectomy by the time they are 60.

Estrogen after hysterectomy 2 years 7 months ago #6399

• Plumelet
Estrogen and progestin are typically prescribed together when a woman still has her uterus to reduce the risk of uterine cancer while promoting the benefits of estrogen therapy.
Yet estrogen alone is used in women who’ve had a hysterectomy, or removal of the uterus.

Estrogen after hysterectomy 2 years 3 months ago #6962

• Beth
  • Elite Member
yes you may try using it. the best decision would be to use natural herbs which contain estrogen. i think that you know that there are really lots of them and i think that you can easy get them without spending a lot of money. but the problem is that they are not very helpful, they can not help you because there are not a lot of estrogen in them and that is why a lot of women need to use some other way to have the estrogen. but i think that the best variant is to use sage. i have heard that it may reduce hot flashes and sweating, but it has several problems with the other minerals that is in our bodies, for example iron.

Estrogen after hysterectomy 2 years 1 month ago #7342

• ana
  • Elite Member
a lot of women are undergoing special estrogen procedures in order to keep the balance. ovaries -- the main producers of the hormone estrogen -- are surgically removed. hormone therapy after surgery -- either with estrogen and progestin or with estrogen alone -- is a way to counteract the supply of estrogen you've lost. women who have both the uterus and ovaries removed usually just get estrogen replacement therapy alone. but women who have only the ovaries removed need both estrogen and progestin. hope that i have helped you with your question. i know about it much because i and the surgical menopause and that is why i did it.

Estrogen after hysterectomy 2 years 3 weeks ago #7623

• Mila
  • Elite Member
as i have said it a lot of times i am a fan of home remedies and that is why i think that it is better to increase your estrogen in the natural way. the easiest way to do it is to drink a lot of tea. several herbal teas or tisanes may increase your estrogen levels or provide relief for symptoms of menopause or premenstrual syndrome without affecting your estrogen levels. steep the herbs in a cup of hot water for five minutes.black and green tea. black and green teas contain phytoestrogen. dong quai . used in chinese traditional medicine, this herb may reduce symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. hope my tip was useful for you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds