Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: hesterectomy recovery what to expect?

hesterectomy recovery what to expect? 3 years 11 months ago #181

• Kassie
hello all once again. my name is Kassie and I am 29 years old. My doctor said that I should go through hysterectomy. as for me it was the most terrible news I have ever heard. I had a lot of bad news during my life but this one is the worst one. So, I have one more appointment next week and then doctor will say me the date of hysterectomy. I'm really afraid and have question....what to expect after the procedure itself? What should I know about post hysterectomy period? can some of you help me, please?
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Kassie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

hesterectomy recovery what to expect? 3 years 11 months ago #189

• Kameliya
  • Elite Member
After a hysterectomy, if the ovaries were also removed, a woman will enter menopause. If the ovaries were not removed, a woman may enter menopause at an earlier age than she would have otherwise.
Most women are told to abstain from sex and avoid lifting heavy objects for six weeks after hysterectomy.
After a hysterectomy, the vast majority of women surveyed feel the operation was successful at improving or curing their main problem (for example, pain or heavy periods).

hesterectomy recovery what to expect? 3 years 11 months ago #265

• Lily
The recovery period will last, approximately, 6 weeks. In some other cases it can be ven 8 weeks. In some even less.
A healthy life style will no longer be an option, but a necessity.
All food you should eat after the ooperation should be blended or mashed, or it can be some kind of soft food, as avocadoes, bananas, peaches.
As for me I experienced irritation after hysterectomy. For some period of time I didn't sleep well and had problems with constipation, that's why my doctor told me to follow a high fiber diet to avoid too much gases and constipation.
Also many face with stress problems after the operation, but you shouldn't worry abt this , bcz can manage with this issue without any problems.
To avid stress it is wonderful to receive support from any good friends, relatives and other close people.
Don't worry dear, everything would be ok!!!!listen to the all recommendations of your doctor and good luck!!!!! :blink:
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Lily.

hesterectomy recovery what to expect? 3 years 11 months ago #293

• Agatha
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The recovery from hysterectomy surgery can be a lengthy one,depending on the type of procedure performed. An abdominal hysterectomy requires the most time, with recovery typically lasting 6 to 8 weeks. The recovery after a vaginal or laparoscopic hysterectomy is typically much quicker.
During the recovery phase there may be restrictions placed on lifting and activities, bathing and swimming and sex after surgery.

hesterectomy recovery what to expect? 3 years 11 months ago #421

• Kassie
Seems like recovery period is not so long, think that if it take even 8 weeks it is ok. I am ready to follow all recommendations but I afraid to face with some other complications...I afraid to fall into depression. Think it is the worst thing which can happen with me. I accept everything too close to heart and a lot of things can make me sad for a long time and I afraid that after the procedure i can fall in hard condition. How can I prevent depression?

hesterectomy recovery what to expect? 3 years 11 months ago #483

I think that recovery period is even more difficult than operation itself. it requires much will and strength from a woman.
You should follow a proper regime in everything. Your diet must be suitable for the organism and must be good enough not to promote coonstipation problems.
Usually, hysterectomy makes us less feminine and it is so difficult to cope with such an issue after the operation.
It is very important to get enough support from all people that surround you during ths period.
Many doctors say that the period of recovery plays a bigger part in a successful result of the operation than a surgery itself
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds